Monday, March 27, 2006

Soviet caricatures from Krokodil

Caricature from Krokodil, 1951 year

Image text: How are they imagine United Kingdom in United States.

Caricature from Krokodil, 1951 year

Image text: Around gangsters:

- I can't connect with my brother - thief and bribe-taker.
- But there is he sat?
- In the senate!

Caricature from Krokodil, 1940 year

Image text: Aim and means:

- People is on the first place for our government, Jim: means for war gets mostly from them.

Caricature from Krokodil, 1940 year

Image text: Hard way:

- It's difficult to become popular, now...
- Why?
- As it was earlier, you could write something totally foolish, then Mayakovskiy makes a fun of it and you get known through all the Union.

Caricature from Krokodil, 1922 year

Image text: Three splinters: vodka, belief and bribe.

Krokodil (Crocodile) is a cult comic magazine based in 1922 year and stil alive. See this and many more caricatures in it's archive.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh, you beat me to it ... I was just talking with Katja about Krokodil today, found some information online, and hoped to write something about it tomorrow.

I appear a day late and a ruble short.

SeBe said...

No problems! Post your info please (of course if not a total twin of my).

I' ll link to your post with great pleasure. Two opinions is better then one.